Week 6 Reflection: 5 Tech Tools For The Elementary Classroom

This week I read a blog about inspiring creativity in the classroom written by a first grade teacher. She has a lot of great ideas on her blog which can be found on her website, The Polka Dot Apple. She has a lot of great tips on making the classroom creative and this blog specifically talked about technology tools to use. I will talk about some of my favorites!

Some great tools.  I'm just discovering how cool Symbaloo is!

I’ll start with my favorite idea first! It is a website called ZooBurst and can also be downloaded at the iTunes app store.  On this app students can create his or her own 3D pop-up books. She says that this app is user friendly and easy to use. I think this would be so fun for kids to create their own stories especially ones that are pop-up. It would be a creation that students could really be proud of. Below is an example of a pop-up on ZooBurst.

The next tool that would be especially beneficial for me as a teacher and help with planning is called Livebinders. Instead of having multiple folders and filing cabinets that hold all of the resources a teacher has, here is a website that can do all of that online. It is also free and can be downloaded as an app too at the iTunes app store.

Teachers are always needing tools to make their jobs easier and less stressful. The more we use technology, I think the less stressful our careers can be!